Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Guild Meeting

     My guild met Tuesday night and I was looking forward to our program.  I love antiques, I love sewing...what could be better than combining those interests in a program titled, "Sewing Tools From the Past".  Our guest speaker was Anna Mary and she had an unbelievable collection of everything sewing related, some from the recent past and some from many years ago.  Someone asked how she got started with her collection and she replied "I never knew I was collecting.  When something went out of style, I didn't throw it away."  I can sure relate to that.  Here are some of my favorites:
     
 A collection of miniatures and toy sewing machines.  
She called this an "etuis"  pronounced etwee.  It is a folding sewing kit.   > <









I thought this was a beautiful sewing kit and reminded me of the one I made in 4-H when I was 9 years old.  Mine started with a cigar box and wasn't nearly as pretty.









These are pin pillows.  She said her collection started with pin cushions.  She had some lovely ones.
Anna Mary also had a very informative presentation which she gives to various groups.  If you are interested in having her to your group, e-mail me or comment on this blog and I will send her information to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!