Friday, September 26, 2014

Autumn's Golden Days

            This is a scene in our little village, which tickled my fancy.  Notice the empty coffee can to deposit your payment.  Woe to those who only carry a debit card.  You will often see roadside vegetable stands in rural Missouri with the same instructions.  We are a trusting lot.

Another scene on my walk to the post office to pick up the mail.  We have had some glorious fall days.  
      
     I am having difficulty going to my basement sewing room to finish the quilting on "Follow the Leader".  I was almost done, but found a problem with the bottom border, too much fullness in it to quilt without puckering.  So, out came the seam ripper and now I am ready to sew it back on and finish quilting it.  It will be a big relief to have it done.

    I have also done a little decorating inside.  I love the colors in this quilt, the way the blue contrasts with the brick red and cheddar.
     It is another beautiful fall day here today, but after a walk to the post office, I will go downstairs and 
keep on stitchin'
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!