Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Quilting Season

     I saw this picture today on Quiltville.com Facebook page and loved it.  That's the way I feel about September.

    I really love summer, but also miss the long days of sewing and the feeling of accomplishment that comes from making real progress on a project in a day's time.  To celebrate, I decided to clean off the cutting table.  Here is the pile of scraps from the summer sewing waiting to be cut into usable pieces.


                      And here is the stack of strips and charms ready to be stored in their bins.

On upper left is strips and squares, lower right is the throwaway pieces from that whole pile and bottom center is some chunks and narrow strips going to someone who uses smaller pieces than I do.  I concentrated on 2 1/2 inch squares to add to the Split Nine-Patch I've been working on, so now have lots more variety for it.

     And finally, I finished row A of my Dear Jane quilt.  Here are the last five blocks of that row.  
It was quite a feeling of accomplishment to put all 13 of those blocks in a baggie.  Now to start on row B.  They don't seem as complicated as those in row A.  Hopefully it will go faster.  

I hope you got some September stitching done today, too.
Judy 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!