Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Resolution


Happy New Year!
I made a Santa doll this year.
      Ok, here's my resolution.  I will not neglect my blog ever again.  So, since I've never been very good at keeping resolutions, I'll just say I'll try to be better.  It's not like I haven't been picking and stitching, I just haven't been sharing it with you.  I won't try to catch up all those months, but I am going to backtrack to Christmas.  It will soon be going in storage for another year, so I'll play a little catch up with it.  I've been so happy with the decorating this year, mainly because I quit trying to use everything I had and just concentrated on those things that go best with this house.  We moved from an 1868 Victorian to this house four years ago, so you can imagine the "stuff" I have stored away.
Here goes:

Some of my sewing collectibles with a Courthouse Steps Quilt

A friend gave me this mouse pincushion for Christmas.  Isn't she adorable?
Here's a couple of my recent picks:
Went to Rocheport for a Christmas Open House and found this cool box, made from Christmas Cards, probably 1950's, then filled it with an old string of Christmas lights.

Added to my collection of Putz houses.
















We bought a larger TV for our Christmas present
to each other and so I moved our former TV cabinet
to my sewing room.  It didn't take me long to fill
it up.



I love having this stuff where I can see it.












Our guild has done birthday blocks for the last two years
and here are mine from 2012, with some fabrics I purchased and
pulled from my stash to put them together.

 Here's the top I finished today.
It is my Guild UFO Challenge for this year
due in July.  Think I'll get it done?
Don't laugh, I still have to get it quilted.

I'll sign off for  now and vow to try to do better.
Keep on stitchin'
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you, Judy! Your birthday block/UFO is gorgeous, cannot wait to see it finished. I'm still waiting to see your new baby all the way from Coon Hollow! --Gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!