Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Quilt Guild

One of my favorite times of each month is the Second Tuesday, which is Guild night.  I have belonged to this guild for 5 or 6 years and enjoyed every minute of it.  It is a great bunch of girls and we have a lot of fun together.  Last week, we had a sew-in for charity quilts.  I wish I had taken a few more pictures, but will share what I have.

    Here we are.  As you can see, a lot more visiting is accomplished than sewing.  I don't know if you can see them, but several of us have Featherweights and it is always fun to let them play together.

                                           
We always have sew and tell and here was the star of the show last week.  We have been saving selvages for Mary for two or three years and she made a selvage quilt.  It was amazing!  Each of the little stripes within the blocks is a selvage.  I'm not sure I have the patience for it, but it was sure impressive.  

Gina has been crocheting and made each of us a little spindle cover for our machines.  Isn't it cute on the FW?  It would even spin while you were sewing.  See why I love these girls so much?










1 comment:

  1. That quilt is so neat and I love the little crocheted spindle cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!