Saturday, January 6, 2018

Happy New Year 2018

     A belated Happy New Year!  The decorations are back in their plastic bins, the house is decorated in evergreens and blue and I am itching to be in my sewing room.  It seems, though, that I keep getting distracted by organizing something.  Yesterday, I thought I would get my quilting UFO list together.  There were some tops to be quilted, a Bonnie Hunter (Smith Mountain Morning) left from the retreat with her 3-4 years ago, and some BOM's partially done.  And then this.....

My term for them is PNS, Projects Never Started.  


Layer Cakes, Charm Packs, Jelly Rolls, Fat Quarters!  Most with companion fabric to put them together.  Some have notes with them.  Most of them?  I have no idea what I intended.  This has to stop!  I equalized my Fabric Used with Fabric Purchased this year, but these baskets didn't see any action.  With you as my witnesses today, I vow this will change.  

On to more positive things, I did finish the Red Cross quilt and it is now in a place of honor on the back of the couch.  Its really too big for napping, but I'm enjoying the color in the room since the Christmas decorating has gone into storage.  Mr. Zeke had to check it out before I folded it and I think he approves. 


Isn't he handsome?  

    What's happening in the Wool Room?  I bought some wool last week from the Cushing Etsy Shop, FQ bundles for a good price.  I decided to start hooking a small sample with any new wool. It is helpful when choosing wool for a project.  




I am always amazed by how the hooking changes the appearance of the wool. 
Since they are only FQ's, I also noted when and where purchased.  It might not be still available if I need it later, but it's possible.  

    Other news from the wool room;  my update for the Early Works Mercantile website is due on January 15, so busy with those things.  I'm hooking some wool hearts, there will be a Cardinal flying into the wool room,  and maybe another doll will be born.

Stay warm,
Judy

1 comment:

  1. I don't even want to know how many PNS's I have. They don't even count on my UFO list (which is several pages long).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!