Monday, September 10, 2018

I'm Baaaaack!

It’s been awhile since I've written a post. It’s not that I haven’t thought of it. I just didn’t think I had anything interesting to write. I had a knee replacement in March. No one wanted to hear me whine about that. Then April was spent going back and forth to physical therapy, a 20 mile trip both ways. It seemed I had no energy for anything else after that. See, I did get to whine. I can’t tell you where the other months have gone, but here I am in September, finally beginning to feel like sewing and talking about it.
My Smith Mountain Morning is finally done! I declared it as my main UFO for my guild challenge so that gave me the push to get it done. Following are some progress photos.
I didn’t use the tri-Rec ruler as instructed in the pattern. I had lots of HSTs left from the star blocks so wanted to use them and besides, I’m lazy and don’t enjoy making those tri-rec points.
In progress.
Putting rows together and singing Hallelujah.


Chevron Quilt
Our Guild supports a local charity which is a facility for abused and neglected children. They have a need for twin sized quilts, especially extra long ones for teenage boys. I made this top last year, also pieced a backing and made a scrappy binding, but never got it quilted. Carrie, one of my team partners, is a long arm Quilter, so she quilted it and I bound it. Bingo, our charity quilt done, my TBQ (to be quilted) stack lowered, and a tall teenager will have a quilt to take with him when he goes to foster care or an improved home situation. So, that’s what I’ve been up to in the sewing room. 
I did get a lot of rug hooking done while taking care of my knee, but will save that for another post.Judy
  • Love
  •  Save 
    Write a comment...


    1 comment:

    Thanks for visiting!