Friday, March 24, 2017

Moving Right Along

     I finished the Churn Dash earlier this month.  This is the one using the Regent Street fabrics, the American version of Liberty Lawns.  I enjoyed quilting it, but it seemed to get bigger and bigger as I worked on it.  



      It is now done, though, and bringing a breath of Spring to my dining room.

 I finished it in time to leave for my week-end in New York with the local theatre group.  This was my first trip ever to the Big Apple, so really enjoyed it.  Not much sightseeing, but saw 3 Broadway shows in 2 days.  This was on my bucket list and I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.

From our hotel room window.

Waiting in line to see Sunset Blvd.  

     My next big project involves Rug Hooking.  My friend Sharon and I are organizing a two day retreat here in Arrow Rock on April 7-8.  Neither of us has done this before, so we are a little nervous.  My goal this week was to make some zipper bags to give for door prizes.  Sharon had some adorable sheep fabric (rug hookers love sheep anything).  I added some companion fabric from the stash, bought some zippers and sewed like the wind. 
5 total zipper bags, 3 boxed bags and 2 flat ones. 
Once I made the first one, they really went fast. 

     Now to complete the rug I'm working on, so I can start a new one at retreat.  Here's the one I'm trying to finish.

     Wish me luck....
         Judy





1 comment:

Thanks for visiting!