Friday, March 10, 2017

March. In like a Lamb

     The winter months have just flown, partly because we have had so little winter weather here in Missouri and partly because I have been on the go.  I covered the Florida trip in a post last month.  That was January.   In February, my older daughter and I joined my younger daughter and family in Puerto Rico for a few days.  I can't say enough good things about that place.  The weather was perfect, the people are so nice, the food is good and if you like beach, there is a lot of it.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures.
Parrots at a National Forest Preserve

Blue, blue water.


Sunset on the beach.

Old San Juan from El Morro, the old fort.


Two days after I returned from this trip, our guild's retreat happened.  It was a lot of fun and I actually got all of the blocks done for the Floral Churn Dash quilt that I started last Spring.  


The colors are not showing true in this picture.  The background is Moda Bella, Butter, a beautiful pale yellow.  I layered and basted it today, found a great FMQ design on Pinterest, so plan to start quilting on it tomorrow.   More about this one later.  
En Provence is a quilt!  It is quilted, bound and hanging in my dining room.  Here's a picture after it was finished.


I love these Bonnie mysteries, but happy I only made a half size.  

     I hope you are accomplishing some sewing and having some fun too.
Judy


1 comment:

  1. Nice quilts. Our weather has come in like a lion (tornadoes, high winds, etc), and still is more lion like. Hopefully the 'lamb' will arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!