I'm so glad I left out the green. I'm still trying to use green and black blocks from Grand Illusion that I wouldn't use in the quilt.
Next up was cleaning and organizing my stash closet. It wasn't too bad except for the repro fabrics. I keep my Civil War stash separate from the rest. Here is a before picture;
Pitiful, isn't it?
Something had to be done, so another bin was created. I separated into lights and darks.
One of my top goals for the year was to use more of my
Civil War stash, so this should help.
|Here's my 3 blocks.|
I didn't really like the method for making the blocks, so adapted the directions to use 3-1/2" strips which fits into my Scrap Savers system.
My other new project is an adaption of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. We decided to do something similar within our quilt guild, called Scrap Basket Challenge. We decided on 12 different colors or styles of fabrics and draw one a month. The category drawn for January was solids. On Pinterest, I saw a spool quilt made with black backgrounds and thought it very striking, so decided on that. I am making 6" finished spools, using the stitch and flip method, but you could make them any size. I will make 10 blocks per month. I have a very small stash of solids, mostly Kona's, only the blue came from scraps. The others were cut from FQ's (so much for the scrap busting plan).
More about "Possibilities" later. For now, I'm back to the sewing room to
Keep on Stitchin'