Sunday, December 4, 2016

BKH Mystery, Step 1 and 2

     I hope to link up with Quiltville (http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2016/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-2.html) and ( http://www.patchworktimes.com/2016/12/05/design-wall-monday-december-5-2016/) tomorrow, so here is a post about my Step 1 and 2.  I am only making 1/4 of the blocks so keeping up easily.  I figure I can always enlarge later.
Step 1 , I'm using scrappy neutrals.


Step 2.  This red fabric has languished in my stash for years.
I think it came from a guild silent auction or stash sale.  I have no idea how old it is.  
  

My Christmas decorating is done and this is my newest addition. 
 I finished this quilt just in time to decorate the guest bedroom.  Love this fabric!  It is Richmond Reds from Barbara Brackman.  


Happy December!  We had our first snow this morning.  
Looks like a sewing day to me.
  Judy


6 comments:

  1. Another fun mystery for us to be working on! I just love this time of year working on the mystery and getting ready for Christmas! Your bed's headboard is just as stunning as that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bed is the perfect setting for your beautiful quilt. Love your red fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Barbara Brackmans fabrics! Beautiful quilt. Oh yes your #2 units are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Judy! Love your guest room quilt! You are a no-reply blogger, so I am coming here to reply to your comment about joining in the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop - please email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com so I can get you on the list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!