Wednesday, August 24, 2016

RSC August 2016

  My collection of Civil War blocks in the colors of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is growing, but as you can see, I didn't follow the suggested colors this month.  The colors were smoky purple or grey.  I had used my purples when it was assigned earlier, so didn't want to use it again.  I just chose some fabrics I hadn't used yet.  
     For my donation quilt, I had purchased this cute elephant fabric awhile back
and have been waiting to use it. ( Just watch, the September color will be red)  Anyway, I searched the strip bins for some reds and black/white scraps and made some framed nine-patches to go with my elephants.  Very simple, but some little guy should like it.
Here is the binding
   and the backing.  Now it goes into the TBQ pile, which really isn't too large.  I think this is #3 and they are all crib size.  
I probably won't link up with So Scrappy this time since I didn't use the assigned color.  Just in case there really is a quilt police department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!