Monday, May 30, 2016

RSC 2016, May

     The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for May was green.  It was exciting to think about my Civil War blocks because I could use that interesting "poison green".


But when I began thinking about what to do for my little boy charity quilt, I was at a loss.  I looked through my green 2-1/2" strips and was not inspired.  They were all olive greens, suitable for use in my usual color palette, but not for a child's quilt.  There were no primary or leaf greens to be  found.   I finally thought of my Christmas stash and found some better greens there, more of a forest green.  Who knew shades of green had so much personality?  Some little rail fence blocks later and a cute  "wheels" print and I had a flimsy.  This paragraph makes it sound so easy, but the truth is those green and gray blocks were stuck to the design wall for two weeks, waiting for inspiration to strike.

     I found a cute dinosaur print for the backing at Sew Sweet on Saturday so I'm ready to finish it after I return from my vacation. 
I will attempt to link to SoScrappy.http://superscrappy.blogspot.com  Be sure to follow the link party to more RSC fun.
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your vacation and don't miss your quilting projects TOO much!! They will be at home patiently waiting for your return.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!