I finished my blue orange peel. The appliqué was my deck-sitting project this past summer.
The photos don't do it justice. The blues are actually much brighter.
I used unbleached muslin for the backing. I will have to admit, there is nothing that shows up your quilting as well as muslin.
I joined the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year sponsored by So Scrappy. The January color was blue. I had a bursting-at-the-seams bag full of blue 2-1/2"strips, so chose this block, Father's Choice, to make for my year long project. This will be twelve or so blocks with sashing (I think). Then, since that didn't make a dent in that bag, I decided to try a new block using more of the strips.
Someone had given me a gallon zip lock bag full of 1-1/2" white strips. So I came up with this block, which I'm calling the Binbuster.
I tried this setting...pretty boring.
Then I sliced a couple of the blocks on the diagonal, in opposite directions, sewed them to each other and lo! a block with a little more personality. I think this will make a great charity quilt.
Someone in the Stashbusters group posted photos of three quilts done in Jacob's
Last, but not least, I have finished the flimsy for Allietare, the Bonnie Hunter 2015 mystery quilt. I only made 1/4 of the blocks during the mystery, due to the disappointment in my quilt last year. Of course, I love this one and wish it was larger. It is 56"x56".
I have some other things started, so will share those another day. For now,
Happy New Year
Keep on stitchin'