Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

       Thanksgiving Eve, not a creature is stirring, not even the cat.  It is a cold windy night in Missouri and the only sound is the wind whistling around the corners of the house.  We had our family dinner here on Sunday, so that part is done.  My daughter and I fly to the East Coast early tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with our Sailor, (her son and my grandson).  He has leave over Christmas, so we are taking Thanksgiving to him.  This is the first of the grands to leave the nest, so it is hard not having them here on those family occasions.  FaceTime is a great invention. At least, we can see his smiling face.  We crowd in front of the ipad and all talk at once.  
     Since I had some free time this week, I was able to finish a quilt top which has been waiting for quilting since July.  I attended a Saturday sew in at Sew Sweet Quilt Shop in Brunswick and did the piecing there.  
This was a pattern I picked up at Little Quilts in Atlanta in February.  I also bought the bunting fabric for the top there.  The stars are pieced from my scraps.  Someone said it would make a great QOV, but I think I want to keep it.  Call me selfish.
     I know I usually blog about quilting and antiques, but anyone who loves creating in one medium usually eventually explores others.  I have tried most of them; knitting, embroidery, crocheting, needlepoint, cross stitch.  I had always admired hooked rugs, so two years ago took hooking lessons.  I learned on some small projects and last year decided to tackle that first rug.  Here it is:
It is a Judy Cripps design, (www.judycripps.com).  I attended a hook in where she was a vendor and she helped me select the wool.  I love those sheep.
    That's all for now.  Be thankful!
Judy

1 comment:

  1. I love your rug! I wanted to try that at one point, and I did, but My Cowboy is horribly allergic to wool, so it's just better if I don't keep it around. I didn't need an entire 'nother hobby and stash anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!